Today, Brunswick is the market leader in the marine, fitness, bowling and billiards industries; and our participation in these industries is deliberate. No company has Brunswick’s breadth and scope in the marine industry. No company equals Brunswick’s quality and innovation in fitness equipment. And no company possesses Brunswick’s knowledge and heritage in bowling and billiards.
As evidenced by our current portfolio of businesses, we are a different company today than we were 160 years, 25 years or even five years ago, and we have an ambitious road before us. Despite our evolution, two fundamentals remain consistent:
- Our goal to be the best—and all it entails—in any industry of which we are a part;
- Our ability to create and unlock value in our varying portfolio of businesses.
Brunswick will operate and lead the world’s best-known, most profitable recreation and lifestyle brands. We won’t be satisfied until we’ve redefined marine, recreation and wellness experiences for generations to come. By leveraging our expertise and passion for innovation, we’ll create the most coveted products and experiences for fun- and fitness-seekers all over the world—with the goal of helping people live life well.
What does this mean?
- We are a global company, and in any part of the world our brands are the most recognized and powerful in their segments.
- We are in business to make money, and our profitability defines us against the competition.
- We are restless and relentless, and our innovative moves change industries by changing consumers’ experiences.
- We have hard-earned, long-term industry knowledge that we combine with our excitement to make game-changing moves.
- Our products and the experiences we provide to consumers are sought after around the world.
- We improve and add to the quality of consumers’ lives, and that connection is what we are about.
The beauty of Brunswick’s strategy is its stability. By focusing on five key components, Brunswick is better able to improve and enhance the way it operates and influence the industries it serves. Its strategy fuels success and encourages its employees to launch game-changing product and services into the market place.
Go forward strategies
1. GET THE PRODUCT RIGHT / CREATE THE RIGHT EXPERIENCE
Introduce the highest quality product with the most innovative technology and design at the best price, faster than the competition. Create lasting consumer bonds by delivering unsurpassed experiences.
2. GET THE DISTRIBUTION RIGHT
We seek to distribute products through a model that benefits our partners – dealers and distributors – and provides world-class service to our customers. Some of our efforts include:
- Dealer development opportunities, including Brunswick Dealer Advantage
- Extensive marine parts and accessories distribution channels
- Brand-specific dealer certification programs
- Regional manufacturing and distribution capabilities
3. BE THE BEST COST IN OUR INDUSTRIES
In an effort to be the best cost manufacturer of consumer durable products, we aim to develop and maintain low-cost manufacturing and continually improve productivity and efficiency. Some of our efforts include:
- Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Global sourcing initiatives
- Strategic Bill of Materials program
- Product platform development
4. BE GLOBAL
We treat the world as our market by manufacturing and distributing products globally with local and regional styling. Some of our efforts include:
- Growth in international regions
- “Filling the white space” in our global portfolio of brands
- Locally managed, manufactured and distributed products
- Product design and styling driven by local markets
5. ATTRACT AND RETAIN TALENT
At Brunswick, we hope to attract and retain the best and the brightest people that represent and connect with our consumers – blending cultures, languages and ethnic backgrounds. Some of our efforts include:
- Business and financial leadership development programs
- Products managed and engineered by local and regional talent
- Performance management process